Thursday, January 10, 2008

My First Compliment


I was waiting for my ride at LAX airport and this brotha asked me if my hair was locked. I said, "why yes, as a matter of fact I have sisterlocks." He loved it!!! I was feeling so empowered and it made me feel good that I decided to stop placing the creamy crack in my hair, and start luving what God gave me naturally. Currently my hair still have quite a few straight ends, but there are some that feel "nappier" and have a more rounded end. I love waking up in the morning and not worrying about my hair. Don't get me wrong there has been a few bad hair days but not many. I am loving my journey and will try to convince other sistah to go natural cuz I am truly luving it.

2 comments:

Ms Stella said...

I have lots of relatives in LA and I've talked to them about going natural too. I see their hair thinning and breaking off so they wear wigs and weaves.

It's sad that so many don't see wearing their natural hair as an option.

Anyway, I'm in AZ and I don't get many comments about my hair, just curious glances.

N'Drea ~ the Storyteller said...

Isn't it great when you can finally be free to be your true self? Congrats on your first compliment, and from a brotha too. They seem to appreciate natural beauty than some sistas, but that's all right. Your locks are looking really pretty. Continue to enjoy your journey. You're part of a wonderful family here.