Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What I do when I really need a retight





This is what I do when I need a retight. I simply put a head band on. Cuz to be honest with y'all it looks really unkempt when I am in great need of a retight. I know my consultant says I can wait 6 weeks in between tightings but to be honest my hair grows quick and it is very kinky so my roots starts looking like a baby fro about the 5th week. So I think I will start getting retights at 4 weeks instead of 6 weeks. I always wanted my locks to look professional and neat so I think this will be for the best. I forgot to mention that I will be relocating back to St. Louis next week so the blog may be a bit slow while I move but I will still be doing updates in between the move so don't sleep on the blog (lol)! I am kinda of happy to be going home, plus there are not many sistah's in the Lou sporting sisterlocks so I can be a treadsetter, sort of. The natural hair movement is in full effect in St. Louis, while I was at home for Christmas I kept spotting brothas and sistahs rocking their own natural God given hair... It was truely a beautiful thang.

3 comments:

1locedsister said...

Go my loced sister! I am so happy for you. Getting locs is one of the best decisions I've ever made and I know you are going to love them. You will never want to go back to permed hair.

~malaikablu~ said...

Welcome back to St. Louis! (when you get here) I have spotted quit a few sisterlocs here in the last couple years. I wish you were coming sooner, that way you could make it to the nappy gathering on the 25th (per nappturality.com).

Salt-n-Pepper Diva said...

I feel you on the headbands, I wear one every day until my hair grows a little more.

I have not regretted getting locs, even during what I perceived to be my Buckwheat stage. And the cloth-polyester headbands that tie around the back are great for hiding that hair line and look quite stylish! (Target 1.98 on sale!)