Thursday, January 24, 2008

Freshly Tightening











I finally got my hair re tighten and it feels great. I love the look of a fresh re tight! I kinda like the parts, it looks new and well maintained. Guess what, my consultant snipped off most of my relaxed ends........ yeah. I was so happy she suggested that because the times I did not roll my hair the straight ends would stick up all over the place. Honestly, having straight ends were a pain in the butt for me, cuz I had to constantly maintain them by rolling them up at night. Some people swear they only have to roll their hair once maybe twice a week, well my hair was a different story. My hair required me to roll it three to four times a week ( which I never did). If you look at some of my past pics you can tell the times I chose to be lazy and not roll my hair (lol)...but I understand each person will have a different experience with sisterlocks. I am happy to report that since the straight ends were clipped I have only curled my hair once this week, and it looks like the curls will last for awhile. So far I have not exhibited any signs of lock envy. I actually like the short locks, it's kinda chic to me. However, I do have a lock on the right side of my hair line that is thinning in the middle. I am sure at some point this lock will break, and I am okay with that too. Pretty much at this point I am just enjoying the journey and letting my hair do it's own thang. I use to be a product junkie now I only spritz water on my hair... I am totally product free. So Sally's beauty supply, Nu-Fashion Beauty Supply, and Kings Beauty and all say goodbye to any gross profits from Black Doll.... no sir you will not be getting any of my money. Again I wanted everyone to know that I will be moving back to St. Louis this Sunday ( a new consultant has been found) so post will be a bit slower than usual. By choice, my friend and I are driving back so you'll understand if you don't hear from a sistah for a few weeks. Plus I gotta find a place asap... and the new job starts a week after I touch down, so I will be extremely busy.


3 comments:

Salt-n-Pepper Diva said...

Good Luck in the move and I can't wait to see you blogging again. Take care of those Babies on the road!

~malaikablu~ said...

There is nothing like the freedom of locks! I have never been a product junky because once I find what works for my napps, I stick to it, but I luv the fact that I can use a couple of products and my locs will flourish. The gathering went well and most of the ladies there where loced. I will mos def let you know when the next one is being planned.

Alise M. said...

Them SLs are looking good and I noticed you are almost at 4 months. Time flies when your hair is fly. To celebrate your 4 month anniversay and inspire you to blog about it....YOU'VE BEEN TAGGED!
Please go to my blog at www.aliselocs.blogspot.com to read the rules. Good luck!