Thursday, December 20, 2007

Time for a retight











My hair has been sl'ed for 6 weeks and it needs a retight bad.... My consultant says because my hair is so thick I can go 6-8 weeks between retights. However they way my hair looks at this point I think I will go 4-6weeks between retights. Honestly it looks a but crazy at this point I still expect to have some (not many) bad hair days. As you can see from the pics some of my ends are super straight and others are coily. It was very hard to cut all the relaxer out because some parts had an extremely large amount of staight hair and other parts had grew out quite nicely with only a small amount of relaxer. So there are some ends that stick straight out and others that curl up. It seems I am still dealing with two textures of hair... but that is okay because at some point the relax ends will be removed anyway. After getting sl'ed I was surprised that the white folks at my job loved the look. As a matter of fact I get more compliments from other cultures than from black folks. I never understand that... but hey I ain't got time for others to recoginze what I already know...sisterlocks is the sh!t.. don't come telling how beautiful my hair is after it grows out cuz as far as I am concerned it is gorgous now. Anyways.... about 8 locks at the nape of my neck slipped out. I was not surprised cuz for whatever reason the hair at the nape of my neck is very fine (hazard of the creamy crack), so I know this will be an area of slippage for awhile.



I am still enjoying my hair and the freedom that comes along with it. Until next time, see ya later.




1 comment:

Ms Stella said...

I have thick hair too and I usually go 6-8 weeks between retights. I bet after all of your straight ends are gone, you'll be fine with going longer between retights too.