Tuesday, December 18, 2007

All Locked Up

Although I had not relaxed my hair in 6 months I still had a great deal of relaxed hair , my consultant reassured me that it was okay as long as I had 2" of new growth installing my sl's would be no problem. After tons of research I discovered that it takes longer to lock when there is a great deal of relaxed hair and eventually the relaxed ends would be clipped. I looked in the mirror a million times and finally decided to cut my hair down to the new growth. I was so nervous, here I was with a head full of hair, and it was the longest it had ever been in my life, now I am cutting it! To me this was a chance to show my commitment and to start with a healthy head of new growth.















On Nov 9th 2007 I got my SL's. I was so happy with the results not to mention my consultant only took 8 hours and the pain was minimal. I felt free and confidant, but don't think for one minute that I was not scared. I prayed that I did not look like a porcupine that had been scalped. But to my surprise I did not have a very scalpy look (thank God) and I was pleased with the outcome. My hair is extra course and my consultant says it is perfect for locking. To be honest I wish I would have done this years ago. This is going to be a journey and I look foward to all the ups and downs because I know my hair is doing what is suppose to do naturally. If you are considering getting sisterlocks do your research, find a great consultant that you trust, save some money, and go for it.
ps. please excuse the quality of the pics.... they were taken with my cell phone (lol)

1 comment:

Khandi said...

Welcome to the fam i am sure that you will enjoy your journey. There will be ups and downs as you can see on my blog but i am determine to try and enjoy every stage