Friday, December 14, 2007

Sisterlocks State of Mind


I have always fought my hair. It was never straight enough, long enough, thin enough, soft enough, shined enough or beautiful enough. I thought about locking my hair many times but gave up when people would say negative things about locks, such as... they are nasty, unprofessional, ugly and makes people look unkept. Although, I really wanted them I always decided to follow the voice of mainstream and stick to the wigs, weaves, ponytails and braids.After spending thousand upon thousands of dollars I decided that I would no longer relax my hair. I was up to my 6th month of non-relaxing when I became frustrated with dealing half nappy hair and half straight hair. The dread two textures of hair, often resulted in broken ends, tangles, and a huge mess. One day I was on the internet searching for new ways to take care of my natural hair and I came across http://www.naturallyyoumagazine.com/. I saw this sister in there with small locks that look similar to braids, but they were gorgous, under the caption of her picture said she had sisterlocks. So me being me, I googled sisterlocks and......wha la... I had to have'em. I read every blog I could find and tried to imagine myself sisterlocked.. it was very hard to do. But so you can get a better idea of what I looked like prior to getting the sisterlocks I have included pics. Please come along with me on this journey, and I hope you will be inspired to change your life through the freedom of sisterlocks.

1 comment:

~malaikablu~ said...

Congrats on your new journey!