Monday, July 14, 2008

8 MONTHS STRONG BABY








Well I've been loc'ed for eight months and still in love. Yesterday it started raining and I did not worry. As a matter of fact I didn't have my umbrella and I was perfectly okay. I walked right into work out the rain and still look fierce!


That is the wonderful thing about sisterlocks you rarely have a bad hair day. Don't get me wrong there will be some but not many. One month I'm complaining about my hair growing slow..... next it's growing like a weed. I'm luving it baby.

I wanted to show yall my transition. First I started with a perm, then I cut all the permed ends off and got my sisterlocks. The final pic is my locs at 8 months. My
consultant says hair has growth spurts. And last month my hair grew like crazy. By the 5th week I looked like I had an afro at the bottom and locs on the top.But it's
a journey and I am finding what works for me. For example I really dont tie my hair up at night because when I wake up it's smashed and I am forced to spritz it everyday. If I sleep freely I can just fluff and go. But do what works for you, cuz there is a ton of advise.

3 comments:

Khandi said...

Locs looking good.
I know exactly how it feels when its raining. Sometimes i dont even bother with my umbrella. I watch those who still lye and as soon as a lil drops fall up go the brollys. I just smile to myself and continue knowing i dont have to worry bout frizziness, messing up my do and water is good for my hair. Trust i dont' miss those days at all.

Anonymous said...

Your locs look good. I ditto the rain comments. I love that we don't have to worry.

DJT said...

your hair is coming along nicely....freedom is priceless huh?......