Friday, August 24, 2012

Weaving It to Achieve It




This natural hair journey is a lot different that when I had locs. For me I was okay rocking my short locs…yes I looked like a scared chicken for a while. However, it was part of the process and people could look and my hair and tell I was attempting to loc. But just wearing my natural loc free hair has been difficult at times. I have said it many times I do not like the way short nappy hair looks on me. Not that it has to be polished it just looks… I don’t know ugly. But on most other naturalistas it looks great!

Well at this moment I’ve decided that I will wear braids or some form of weave until my hair grows out a little more. I have about 4 ½ inches of hair but it shrinks down to about 2 inches. If I’m honest I will admit that my man may have played a part in my hair insecurities. What can I say the man does not like my nappy hair. He would prefer it straight but I refuse to put a relaxer in and he was tired of the braided styles so I have opted towards something that has braids and hair as well. What is with some men addition to “europeanish” hair on black women?

No comments: