Sunday, August 14, 2011

1st Stage of Growing Process





In 2007 when I first got my sisterlocks I looked like a scared chicken. I knew I looked semi crazy by the head but I convinced myself that it was only for a little while and in the end it would pay off. Yes..... it did pay off in the end, by the next year no one remember that I looked like a scared chicken by the head. I must admit it was a test of my self-esteem and I often made my self walk out the door. In all honesty I wanted to wear a wig so bad to hide the crazy looking locks. After going through that process I was sure my self-esteem was in tack and that my hair no longer defined me.








Fast forward 4 years and I decided to cut my sisterlocks off. In 2011 I was rocking a low fade look. In the photo above I thought I looked chic and sexy. My make up look amazing and my face really pops. This look actually made me feel empowered. I felt
like I was giving the world the middle finger by saying this is me to hell with you if you dont like it.









Now it is August 2011 and I have not had a hair cut in over a month. I decided that I wanted to grow my natural hair out to see how healthy and long I could grow it.
Let just tell you I feel just like I did during my scared chicken days. There are days that I get up and no matter what type of moisturizer or pudding I put in my head it still look like I need a hair cut really bad. This Friday was really hard for me. I was going out with my girl and I just did not feel pretty. The hair just looked a mess to me. I put on my make up and glossed my lips but my head still looked unkempt to me. I thought I conquered this hair thing.....but I haven't. I will continue to update you on the progress of my hair.


Growing my hair is going to be a journey similar to growing my locks. There will be good days bad days and ugly days. But like the locks in the end it will be worth it.

1 comment:

misseztig said...

Your hair is gorgeous, and so are you!!!