Monday, October 25, 2010

Thinning Lock........Help




I am having a really bad problem. Last month I started doing my own reti’s. I noticed that some of my locks were very thin at the base. For the ones that were extremely thin I combined them with the loc next to it. I left some alone and just did the reti. Now this weekend I did the reti and lost about 6 locks. Three literally fell out in my hand and left bald spots. I use the nappy loc tool so I am sure that it is not cutting hairs at the root as a reti. However, my consultant uses the hooking latch. I am just not sure if this is normal or not. To my knowledge this has never happened before, but I can not be 100% sure because I was not doing my own hair prior to last month. Has anyone ever had this problem before?

First let me say that I am taking HCG as a way to lose weight. HCG is a hormone that is produced in pregnant women. When used in a homeopathic way it is a great way to jump start your metabolism. I am at a point in my health were I MUST lose weight, it’s not an option and I am only on HCG for 40 days. It is working wonderfully and the weight is finally coming off. I have only been taking HCG for two weeks.

I did some online research and it seems that pregnant women have thinning locks and part of me thinks that the thinning locks an HCG are correlated. However, if you read my previous post you will see where I have had problems in the past with thinning locks. Given the fact that I now have three bald spots in my head I am slightly alarmed.


Is this normal? I do have small locks but there are some that would be considered micro locks. These “micro locks” are the ones that are thinning at the root. There are so many factors that could have caused this to happen. I am in school trying to obtain my bachelor’s degree in civil engineering while working full time. Needless to say the classes are hella hard and I am hella stressed.

There were also times in the past when I wondered why my consultant let my locks get so thin without combining them. What I am trying to convey is there is a multiple reasons why locks could be thinning at the root. I just want it to stop! Lately my hair has been dry and brittle. My scalp has been flakey and dry as well. With that in mind I decided to part with my cash and get my hair a little a treat. I headed to Sephora and purchased some Carol’s Daughter Tui hair shampoo and smoothie conditioner, healthy hair butter and some tui leave in conditioner. I left the conditioner in my head overnight and my hair loved it. I rinsed out the conditioner in the morning and it was like someone did CPR on my hair! I am trying to drink more water, keep stress at bay and stay on top of my hair maintenance. I noticed some peach fuzz hair growing back in one of the bald spots so hopefully we can start a baby lock soon.

No comments: