Tuesday, October 27, 2009



Hey Family,



My locs are growing like weeds and I really love them. I rarely think about my hair which is great improvement because before my locs my hair was the center of my world. I would always have to keep my hair in mind and budget. If I could not afford a day at the salon I would need to have a wig or ponytail ready to make sure I look presentable. I won’t mention the countless amount of products needed to keep my hair tamed. Now my kinks are working for me and I only think about my hair once a month when it is time to get it tighten. Isn’t that great!

Products…what products? When I feel like it I may purchase some hair milk but most of the time my hair product is found in my kitchen cabinet. Olive oil works great for me. I massage it into my scalp about once every two weeks and I’m good. I wash my hair once a month because I don’t have dandruff and no build up. To keep my loc’s moist I use 8ounces of water mixed with 3tsp of conditioner. I spray this concoction on my locs every other day and it works fine for me. I love the low maintenance of my hair and it’s healthy. When it’s raining outside (which it is doing today) I don’t worry about bad hair days. I can sleep without thinking about smashing my hair style at night and wearing a head scarf is optional.

I love my locs but I can not say that I am committed to them for the rest of my life. However, I will say that I am committed to natural hair for the rest of my life. Natural just works for me… I look so much prettier with natural hair styles, like I was meant to rock what God gave me. Plus after this I can never go back to going to the salon once a week and relaxing religiously every 4 weeks, paying the cut AND the style and loads of crappy products…No sir.

So if you are new to the loc world sit back and enjoy…don’t rush the process cuz it’s a journey. If you are considering locs I have one word for you…..research! Know what you are committing to and get as much information as possible and make the best decision for you and your lifestyle.

1 comment:

L. VAZQUEZ said...

Hi there!!

I see you haven't been blogging in quite some time!

Your photos look amazing!!

Enjoy the loc journey!